6.26.2010

Flowers

Finally. I've only been to a few museums in Japan but today, by far, was my best experience. I saw the Kataoka Tamako exhibit in Asahikawa. To be honest I'd never heard of her and when Mayumi, my Japanese teacher, suggested we go I thought it was going to be an exhibit on eggs. I confused the artist's first name Tamako with tamago which means egg. I like eggs so I figured why not. Once we walked into the exhibit I was pleasantly surprised. It turns out Tamako is a painter, not an egg. She's also amazing.  I'm not going to lie the most eye-opening part was seeing that she painted Pose 14 at 100 years old. She died at age 103.
Dear whoever/whatever controls the future,
Please let me be creative until my dying breathe.
Thanks,
Aby
As you can see Tamako loved her some Fuji-san and flowers





No comments:

Post a Comment