7.05.2010

mad for mochilas

Valentino Resort Backpacks

Prada

A mere 17 days left in the style void. I cannot believe it!

So I've never been big on backpacks. My friend Azucena likes hiking and hiking backpacks and a few months ago we went shopping together and she got this brown and blue hiking backpack with the strap around the waist for support...you know what I'm talking about. So she tries it on and asks, "what do you think!?" I didn't respond. I couldn't think of anything to say. The bag did nothing for me. But a few years ago Prada seriously tempted me with a purple satin backpack. It was beautiful and I passed it every other day in Union Square and outside the Prada store I'd stare. Man, I miss being seduced by beautiful window displays. I digress. So,  the Valentino backpacks from the resort collection also put me in a trance the first time I saw them. When I look at them I think obi, kimono, Memoirs of a geisha. They're just sooooo interesting. I'll take the one on the right because I do like backpacks that don't have waist straps and don't make me like a junior high school student.

No comments:

Post a Comment