3.03.2010

beautiful is beautiful

I firmly believe that beautiful is beautiful but I am so excited about Vogue Black, a new website launched by Vogue Italia. They launched three websites actually but I'm only concerned with one. Mostly because, I am so tired of buying magazines and finding nothing in the beauty or hair editorials for me. It's not like this has happened to me once or twice, I've been reading fashion magazines for years and it happens month after month after month. A few years ago, I got a breath of fresh air from blogs that covered an array of fashion issues and never gave me that sense of being left out that I got from fashion mags.  Today I came across Vogue Black  and I am once again excited about fashion. Finally something more than merely acknowledging that women of color play an important role in the fashion industry. We support, contribute to and love fashion as much as the highly visible people in the industry yet we've remain in the shadows. Once I was looking at magazines in a book shope with my boyfriend and he commented, "Why can't they just combine all of these magazines into one? Why are there  asian, black, latina and white fashion magazines?" My only explanation was that the magazines were not satisfying their customers so those people created something that would speak to them about fashion. The problem that I see in the fashion industry is a one that is prevelant in society. Until it is made better I am super excited about Vogue Black, a place where I can go to see fashion editorials, read hair and beauty features that pertain to me and stare at the last photoshoot of the King of Pop!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment